Ellen Foster, by Kaye Gibbons/The Dalmore 12yo, Part 2
They keep discussing Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons, a book both of the guys hate [love]. Their minds are literarily blown by the wonder of this book, and they must read it again. Will you read along? In this episode:
- We reach the opposite of an apotheosis.
- We're coasting on the grace of the breezes.
- We play more Literary Matchmaker.
- We give a nod to Lars (@_larsj) regarding the #larseffect.
- We find a connection between this book and the Epistle of James.
- Michael makes a list of things to watch for in his second read.
- Michael says Ethan is right.
- Ethan hates the Transcendentalists, which is a surprise to no one.
- We argue over who's smarter.
- We have alf-hassed it all.
Next month they'll be reading and discussing Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. We'd love to hear from you! And submit your homework at the Michael & Ethan in a Room with Scotch page.
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and
Ethan Bartlett (@bjartlett)