Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and Seymour: An Introduction, by J. D. Salinger/Dalwhinnie 15yo - Part 2
Michael & Ethan, after two weeks, conclude their discussion of J. D. Salinger's Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and Seymour: an Introduction.
In this episode:
- The show starts before Ethan knows it.
- Ethan explains synecdoche.
- Michael says “literally” a lot. It’s embarrassing, really.
- They read listener feedback, which includes a game of Date/Marry/Murder.
- They discuss their wives’ plans to start a sitcom without them.
- Ethan suffers out of humility.
- Ethan is right.
Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. We'd love to hear from you!
Next month, the pair will discuss Ravelstein by Saul Bellow. Read along!
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and
Ethan Bartlett (@bjartlett)