Ravelstein, by Saul Bellow/Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban - Part 1
Michael & Ethan, sipping on some ruby red Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, discuss Saul Bellow's last novel Ravelstein, surprising themselves and one another with all of their thoughts and insights and stupidities.
In this episode:
- Ethan solves Michael's crisis of identity.
- Ethan tries his hand at "Names with Michael." Guess how that goes.
- Their analysis of Ravelstein boils down to: "Seymour: An Introduction, longer and Jewish."
- Michael has a childish epiphany.
- Michael & Ethan are dumb.
- Ethan gets into trouble with his wife.
- So does Michael.
- Michael's wife, Sarah, wins the episode.
- Michael says a sentence that makes Ethan hate him.
- Ethan gives Michael more work to do.
Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. We'd love to hear from you!
Come back in two weeks to hear the conclusion of this discussion!
Next month, the discussion will be on Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book, by Walker Percy. Read along, and tell us what you think!
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and
Ethan Bartlett (@bjartlett)