Ravelstein, by Saul Bellow/Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban - Part 2
The discussion of Saul Bellow's Ravelstein concludes in this episode, while Michael & Ethan finish their Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. And they have a lot to say about both....
In this episode:
- Ethan confuses himself with Michael. It's the worst intro ever.
- A clarification of the rules makes Michael laugh maniacally.
- They can't pretend.
- There's heated debate about the rules.
- Ethan imports Kierkegaard.
- Michael finds a loophole.
- Michael alienates the entire Hoosier audience.
- Ethan loses Minnesota. Michael gets it back.
- Michael loses Wisconsin. Ethan gets it back.
- Indiana is definitely gone.
- There's even more debate about rules.
- Michael says civil war is okay.
Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. We'd love to hear from you!
Next month, the discussion will be on Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book, by Walker Percy. Read along, and tell us what you think!
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and
Ethan Bartlett (@bjartlett)