English Homework Special - Shakespearean Sonnets (The Moving Special)
Michael & Ethan are doing homework! Submit yours on the website! Also, Michael is moving, so they couldn't get together to talk about their regularly scheduled book. That's coming, don't worry! But the podcast is going through changes, passing through puberty, growing up. So, this episode, they're going to help you with your English class by discussing some of Shakespeare's Sonnets!
- Sonnet #18 - 20:17
- Sonnet #130 - 33:23
- Sonnet #138 - 43:02
- Sonnet #141 - 55:44
- Love's Labour's Lost, IV.iii - 1:03:46
In this episode:
- Welcome to MaEiaRwSEtMWBiTSRaWNDS!
- We reset around 3:40.
- Ethan doesn't want to get into Gnostic crap.
- This is the special where Michael & Ethan rag on their wives and sleep on their couches for ages (as if that isn't the norm).
- We make no promises, therefore we disappoint no one.
- Michael aspirates his H's, or his W's?
- Shakespeare is like Three Days Grace.
- Ultimate literary theory on the Sonnets: It's all a dream.
- Ethan blames Shakespeare, not his own faults.
For the next Homework Special, your instructors will be analyzing "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T. S. Eliot. Read along! Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. Or head over to the Homework Submission Form and give us your assignment. We'd love to hear from you!
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and
Ethan Bartlett (@bjartlett)