English Homework Special - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," by T. S. Eliot
Michael & Ethan are still doing homework! (Hopefully in time for finals...) Submit yours on the website! This week's homework assignment was "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T. S. Eliot. So, drinking some beer, they discuss how much they don't know how to say.
In this episode:
- Michael causes problems in Ethan's life.
- Sit down, shut up, stop making out with each other, and listen to me talk about my beer.
- Ethan translates some Dante.
- Michael doesn't actually hate our listeners.
- Michael also doesn't claim to be a good poet.
- Ethan answers his own question from the beginning.
- Here's the solution: "This poem is the theme of this poem" - Ethan J. M. Bartlett.
- We hate all of our listeners, but none so much as those who give us money. But really, that's #onlyMichael.
- How about Mahler's 2nd?
Next time, the pair will be in a room again, drinking Scotch, and discussing The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Read along! Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. Or head over to the Homework Submission Form and give us your assignment. We'd love to hear from you!
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and