The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman/The Dalmore 12yo
The boys are very, very excited to talk about this one, one of their mutually favorite books by one of their mutually favorite authors: it's The Ocean at the End of the Lane by @neilhimself. In this episode:
- They're in a room they've never recorded in before.
- Someone's lying, and Ethan thinks it's this bottle of scotch.
- Michael is definitely a plebe.
- Neil Gaiman has probably read every book.
- They're both right, and they're both wrong. <--don't open the box!
- Ethan hates Michael, and he loves him (especially for this comment).
- Chapter 13 is their favorite. Because of course it is.
- Ethan isn't all on board with the Gnosticism.
- Check out #wifequotes.
Next month they'll be reading and discussing Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons. Join the discussion! Go to the Contact page and put "Scotch Talk" in the Subject line. We'd love to hear from you! And submit your homework at the Michael & Ethan in a Room with Scotch page.
Your Hosts: Michael G. Lilienthal (@mglilienthal) and
Ethan Bartlett (@bjartlett)